Dear Fitting Room

Dear Fitting Room,
Each time I walk in you and close the door a war begins.
Maybe I am the only one, but I am pretty certain that I am not.

A mental game begins where a promise is made to you that the next time I stand in this spot, it will be different. I will be different. No matter what it takes, it does not matter. I will do it.

I know for a fact that this stems from words that were repeated to me as a young, vulnerable teenage girl that I cannot seem to escape from my mind. The truth is, though, through my twenty-four years of living I have come to realize that I will not be different. No matter what that size is on the tag of an article of clothing or the number of pounds that appears on that scale, I am still the same person.

I am still a child of God. I am still wonderfully and perfectly made (Psalm 139:14). I am made in God's image, which as we know is completely flawless (Genesis 1:27). The reality is that I am already exactly what I need to be. No matter what any title or number or price seems to identify me in this world, none of it matters when it comes to God. He sees me just as I am and smiles. He knows my heart and my passions and my desires and loves me just the same.

Each time I walk in you and close the door a war begins.
Maybe I am the only one, but I am pretty certain that I am not.

Next time, you will not win.

That promise I made to you, I will uphold it because I am different. I am different in that I will not allow you to have any authority over me. I am not going to let you define me. From this point forward I will only look at myself in the mirror and rejoice that I am forgiven, loved, and created for a purpose that you have no influence over.

Thank you for helping me come to see that joy is not measured on your scale but on the Lord's. I look forward to when we meet again.

1 comment:

KB {Tragic and Lovely} said...

Your weight does not define you, my darling. Remember, the prettiest girls are those who smile and have confidence! Don't restrict yourself to how society dictates you ought to be.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers