If you have been around this blog long, then you know that C and I are big advocates of breakfast for dinner. In fact, it brightens my day when I know we get to make some kind of breakfast food for dinner. It is my favorite meal. Here is the recipe for Baked Cinnamon French Toast and do not be afraid to make it some other time besides breakfast!
-1/2 loaf of wheat bread, torn into pieces
-1 cup milk
-1/4 cup heavy cream
-1/2 cup sugar
-1 Tbsp vanilla
-1/2 cup flour
-1/2 cup brown sugar
-1 tsp cinnamon
-1/4 tsp salt
-8 Tbsp unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1. Spray 1.5 quart baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Spread bread out along bottom of baking dish.
3. Whisk together eggs, milk, cream, sugar, and vanilla.
4. Pour egg mixture over bread.
5. Cover with plastic wrap and let chill for 2-3 hours. The longer the better so you can even leave it overnight if you prefer.
6. Combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and butter. Mix together until mixture resembles sand.
7. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
8. Sprinkle the flour mixture over the bread mixture.
9. Bake for one hour or until lightly golden and crisp.