Unreached People Group Prayer

Lately, my heart has been stirred and my eyes have been opened. I have been incredibly blessed with several opportunities to travel several places in the world, and yet somehow I completely overlooked all that was happening around me in those place. I have come to realize that nearly half of the world's people groups have never heard the gospel. What breaks my heart is that I was in the areas where some of these people are today and was completely oblivious to the opportunities that were surrounding me. Needless to say, I have just been overwhelmed by this. I feel helpless in thinking I can change it all because I realize I am merely one person. I also know I do not have the financial capability of moving and traveling to all of these places to try and reach them on my own. I have just struggled through this the past week or two in trying to find a way to incorporate this into my prayer life and how to serve these people.

I have come across two different ways that I plan to adopt praying for the unreached people group into my daily walk and I just have to share this with you all.

First, I found the Joshua Project.
The Joshua Project is a research initiative seeking to highlight the ethnic people groups of the world with the fewest followers of Christ. Each day they send out information about a specific people group and the needs they specifically need prayer in on their Unreached People of the Day site. You can sign up to receive it by email, "Like" them on Facebook so it will be on your newsfeed each day, and even get the code to add it onto your blog or website, which you can see on the top right of my blog.

Second, I found the IMB Getting There initiative.
The Getting There initiative has a mission to impact the unreached world. They have a map with every unreached people group in their current locations. Every orange dot is a people group that does not even have someone praying for them. That seems as if it should be impossible that they are not even being prayed for, but I know so many people like me just had no idea where to even start.

After really pondering this and praying about how God could use me to make a change, the first thing that came to me was a for sure ah-ha moment. I know so many of you joined me in the 30 Days of Praying for Your Husband month so I thought why not spend a month on the blog focusing on praying for unreached people groups! As I began to search around the IMB website for a specific people group I could lift up in prayer, I even found a 30-Day Prayer Guide for Unreached People. Coincidence? I think not!

I am going to ask every one of you to join me in this! I am an earnest believer that prayer is powerful and effective. I know when I came to the realization that I had been completely absorbed with the culture surrounding in my prayers that I was disgusted and heartbroken. It's time that we as a unified body of Christ lift up the unreached people in our prayers as just the first stepping stone to so much more that will be accomplished through the Lord and his mighty work. Each Friday in May I will be posting one week of the IMB 30-Day Prayer Guide for Unreached People. I challenge each of you to lift up the Joshua Project Unreached People Group of the Day and the unreached people group you choose to pray for from the IMB Getting There initiative. Join me as we make a difference through prayer for the unreached people groups around the world!

Philippians 4:6
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."

James 5:16
"Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective."

Luke 18:1
"Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up."

Week 1 of the Unreached People Group Prayer
(Fill in the blanks with the name of a specific unreached people group)

Day 1
Luke 1:11-20
"Then an angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing at the right side of the altar of incense. When Zechariah saw him, he was startled and was gripped with fear. But the angel said to him: "Do not be afraid, Zechariah; your prayer has been heard. Your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you are to call him John. He will be a joy and delight to you, and many will rejoice because of his birth, for he will be great in the sight of the Lord. He is never to take wine or other fermented drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even before he is born. Many of the people of Israel will he bring back to the Lord their God. And he will go on before the Lord, in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the parents to their children and the disobedient to the wisdom of the righteous--to make ready a people prepared for the Lord." Zechariah asked the angel, "How can I be sure of this? I am an old man and my wife is well along in years." The angel said to him, "I am Gabriel. I stand in the presence of God, and I have been sent to speak to you and to tell you this good news. And now you will be silent and not able to speak until the day this happens, because you did not believe my words, which will come true at their appointed time."

Just like Zechariah, after many disappointments it is easy to begin to believe the blessing will never come. Pray we will believe it is the Lord's desire to save all nations.

Day 2
Luke 1:21-25
"Meanwhile, the people were waiting for Zechariah and wondering why he stayed so long in the temple. When he came out, he could not speak to them. They realized he had seen a vision in the temple, for he kept making signs to them but remained unable to speak. When his time of service was completed, he returned home. After this his wife Elizabeth became pregnant and for five months remained in seclusion. "The Lord has done this for me," she said. "In these days he has shown his favor and taken away my disgrace among the people.""

When the Spirit of God moves and things begin to happen, pray that we will remember where the blessing has come from and praise Him.

Day 3
Luke 1:38
"I am the Lord's servant," Mary answered. "May it be to me according to your word," Then the angel left her.

Pray that we will submit to our Father with humility and awe that He would use even us to fulfill his plans for the ______________________.

Day 4
Luke 1:76-79
"And you, my child, will be called a prophet of the Most High; for you will go on before the Lord to prepare the way for him, to give his people the knowledge of salvation through the forgiveness of their sins, because of the tender mercy of our God, by which the rising sun will come to us from heaven to shine on those living in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the path of peace."

Pray we will prepare the way for the Lord to enter the hearts of the ______________________.

Day 5
Luke 2:15
"When the angels had left them and gone into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, "Let's go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has told us about."

Pray that the ______________________ will come to see what the Lord has done.

Day 6
Luke 2:17
"When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child."

Pray that as the ______________________ hear about Jesus, they will spread the Word.

Day 7
Luke 2:20
"The shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things they had heard and seen, which were just as they had been told."

Pray that the ______________________ will return to their own people and neighborhoods, glorifying and praising God.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers