Greek Salad Dressing

Lately I have been addicted to Panera Bread's Greek Salad. I. Love. It. Minus all of the other vegetables besides lettuce of course. For whatever reason that dressing has just been on my must have list multiple times a week. I decided to give it a go on making my own. Let me just tell you, I have been so happy with how it turned out and have been enjoying some Greek Salads 2-3 times a week since. Here is the recipe for Greek Salad Dressing!

Ingredients:
-1/4 c lemon juice
-1/4 c white vinegar
-2 tsp sugar
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp seasoning salt
-1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
-1/4 tsp pepper
-4 garlic cloves
-1 c extra virgin olive oil
-1/2 c crumbled reduced fat feta cheese
-3/4 tsp Italian seasoning
-1/4 tsp oregano

Directions:
1. Blend together lemon juice, vinegar, sugar, salts, red pepper flakes, pepper, and garlic until smooth.
2. While the blender continues to run, add the oil in a steady stream.
3. Add the feta cheese and pulse the blender until dressing has a creamy consistency.
4. Whisk in the Italian seasoning and oregano.
5. Refrigerate for an hour.
6. Enjoy!

8 comments:

Carolyn said...

I LOVE greek salad! Yum!

Christine @ First Home...Love Life said...

This is very similar to how I make my dressing...You should try champagne vinegar in it sometime...it's delish! I would love for you to come link up to http://www.firsthomelovelife.com/2012/06/features-and-whats-cooking-wednesday-6.html

Jill said...

Oh yummy! I do love a good Greek salad!


Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Debi said...

Love this recipe. I have been looking for a good greek salad dressing. I have a Blog Hop, and I would love it if you would link this post. You can find it at
http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/06/natural-hair-gel-and-wednesdays-adorned.html
It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop.
I hope to see you there. Have a great Day.
Debi Bolocofsky
Adorned From Above

Diana Meredith Designs said...

Love what you said about not liking the other veggies on the Greek salad - I am the same way! I like the tomatoes, but I'm not a fan of olives or red onion. My hubby always laughs at me for ordering that and removing half of the ingredients. Thanks for sharing this recipe! I can't wait to try it.

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

pinning thanks!

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

I loved this so much I featured it today: http://trophyw.blogspot.com/2012/07/will-craft-for-fun-47.html

Ron Weisley said...

The Greek salad done well with perfectly ripe ingredients, plump, shiny black olives and dark green peppery Cretan olive oil is a fresh tasting

Kotayk Kabob

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers