As mentioned last week, here is the third and final recipe from this scrumptious dinner we enjoyed! Now, I'll be honest... only I enjoyed this one. C is not an asparagus fan. I just came to love it over the past couple of years and this is definitely my new favorite way to make them! So if you have a liking for asparagus, prepare to fall in love with Parmesan Asparagus. Mmm mmm.
-1 bunch of asparagus
-2 egg whites
-1/4 cup of whole wheat flour
-1 cup bread crumbs
-1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Lay a wire rack on a baking sheet and coat with nonstick spray.
3. Cut off the tough ends of the asparagus spears.
4. Lightly beat the egg whites on a plate.
5. Combine the flour, bread crumbs, and Parmesan cheese on another plate
6. Coat each asparagus spear in egg whites, then cover with Parmesan mixture. If the Parmesan mixture does not stick, then dip back in the egg whites and try again.
7. Lay spears on the wire rack and bake for 15 minutes until golden brown and crispy.