Parmesan Asparagus


As mentioned last week, here is the third and final recipe from this scrumptious dinner we enjoyed! Now, I'll be honest... only I enjoyed this one. C is not an asparagus fan. I just came to love it over the past couple of years and this is definitely my new favorite way to make them! So if you have a liking for asparagus, prepare to fall in love with Parmesan Asparagus. Mmm mmm.

Ingredients:
-1 bunch of asparagus
-2 egg whites
-1/4 cup of whole wheat flour
-1 cup bread crumbs
-1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Lay a wire rack on a baking sheet and coat with nonstick spray.
 3. Cut off the tough ends of the asparagus spears.
4. Lightly beat the egg whites on a plate.
5. Combine the flour, bread crumbs, and Parmesan cheese on another plate
6. Coat each asparagus spear in egg whites, then cover with Parmesan mixture. If the Parmesan mixture does not stick, then dip back in the egg whites and try again.
7. Lay spears on the wire rack and bake for 15 minutes until golden brown and crispy. 
8. Enjoy!

16 comments:

Summer said...

Went and bought asparagus just to make this - looks delicious!

Elena said...

That looks fabulous! I'm going to try it this week!
~Elena
http://acasarella.blogspot.com

Elena said...

Umm.. I hope you don't mind that I pinned this. Because it kinda got 83 repins in two hours. Hope you saw some traffic from that ;)

~Elena

Crafty Mischief said...

Yum! This looks awesome! I can't wait to try it!

Alissa@CraftyEndeavor said...

Oh man, I want this more than any dessert on Pinterest. I LOVE asparagus, and this looks soooooo good right now.

Alissa@CraftyEndeavor said...

I'm pinning this, by the way.

Jill said...

Oh tasty! This looks and sounds simple! I'll have to try it!


Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Rosario said...

thanks for sharing, I have a bundle of asparagus in my fridge, now I have a recipe to try tomorrow.

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

Bookmarking this to make! Thanks for sharing at Things I've Done Thursday! www.bearrabbitbear.com

Betsy @ Anna Nimmity said...

This does look scrumptious! I am pinning this to try as soon as I can get my hands on some asparagus!

Anonymous said...

What temperature setting did you cook the asparagus on?

Anonymous said...

Disregard....I just saw that it's 425d

Holly Lefevre said...

Asparagus and Parmesan...yum! Looks fantastic!

Joe and Jessie said...

Would this still work without the wire rack?

Joe and Jessie said...

Would this still work without the wire rack?

Joe and Jessie said...

Would this still work without the wire rack?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers