This right here is C's absolute favorite thing I make. I got this recipe from my aunt who is an amazing cook. Seriously, between my mom and her, there is no one that is a better cook. I said it.
1 Dozen Eggs
1 lb. Sausage
2 Cups of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 Can of Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 Bag of Croutons
1. Brown and drain the sausage.
2. Lightly spray the bottom of the pan so the casserole does not stick.
3. Spread the croutons out over the bottom of the pan.
4. Beet the eggs and then mix in the cream of mushroom soup.
5. Spread the sausage out over the croutons.
6. Pour the eggs and Cream of Mushroom Soup mix over the sausage and croutons.
7. Sprinkle the cheese over mix.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45-1 Hour. When you can stick a fork in it and it comes out clean it is done.
I will say, normally I use a different crouton that is pretty much white when it is fresh out of the bag. These were already pretty toasted so they browned while baking, but they still tasted the same.
As always, you can make this a little healthier by using a fat free Cream of Mushroom Soup, Cheese, Croutons, and a reduced fat Sausage.
I hope you love it as much as C and I do!